>

Sunday, November 8, 2009

On my mind

The one thing I continue to find amazing on our journey with Emma is how invested you become in children and families - most of those I have never met in person! - when you follow their blogs. I started reading blogs to find inspiration and found a whole lot more.

I've become invested in the children and families. I feel joy when they reach a much-anticipated milestone. I look forward to reading the updates the parents post. I pray for them during the difficult situations. I know others also feel this way about Emma and I find great comfort in that.

One family that I recently started following needs lots of prayers. Although I have never met Gavin or his family, he goes to the same hospital as Emma and his story has touched me deeply. Gavin Owens (click on his name to view his blog) is a gorgeous 3 year old that is losing his fight with mitochondrial disease. He is not expected to last much longer. Please pray that he finds peace soon and that his parents and 4 year old sister find the strength they need in this difficult time.

3 Comments from readers:

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

I have not followed Gavin's family. My heart goes out to them - losing a child has to be the toughest thing anyone could ever face. I will be praying for this family.

I have to agree with you about how wrapped up I can be with kids and families that I have never met in person. The blog world really is amazing.

Heather said...

Whoa, thanks for the link. Nothing like a good afternoon cry and a reminder of the grace we experience in our own lives.

Tara Bennett said...

I've been feeling much the way your post reads today. I did a similar post myself.

I've not followed Gavin's blog, but have been directed to it by others. What a sweet boy. I have been thinking of his family and sending many prayers their way.