>

Friday, November 6, 2009

Cochlear Implant surgery from Emma's eyes

We're here! Aren't I bright eyed and busy tailed for 6:15am? I am not a morning gal, but I rose to the occasion - of course, there was lots to see in the waiting room and I had to check it all out!
Hi, friendly nurse. I'm not sure what you are doing to me, but I just love the attention!

Hey, Dad! That cool stuff they put up my nose makes you look sort of groovy! Hmm, looks like Finn Jr. has a nifty bracelet on his arm just like me. Are you getting one, too, Daddy?

Umm....I'm starting to get the feeling that something might be going on here. Why are all these doctors coming and going in here and writing on my head?

What the heck happened to me? I am NOT happy! I demand some extra attention. What can you do to make me happy again?

Ok, this is better. Entertainment. I just love all things digital!

And, FINALLY, a drink. Thanks, Mom and Dad for hooking me up. Now, I'm starting to feel like myself again.
Should I smile now or make you sweat a bit more?
Ok, I'll smile. I have a flat screen TV. On demand movies. Internet access. Room service. Chocolate milk. People catering to my every whimper. I guess it's not so bad here.

I LOVE TV!!! Why has it taken me so long to figure this out? Hey, don't take me away from the TV to eat! Oh, wait, what is this? The TV will move with me? Great! Disney channel, please! I don't care if the Phillies are in the World Series, Dad. I had the surgery, I get to pick what we watch on TV and I pick Tinkerbell.

Morning! Time to go home! Can I bring the TV with me? No????? Are you sure??? I'll cry??? Oh, you don't care? Darn. I guess I'll have to ask Santa for one.

We're headed home. My bandage is off - yeah! I have a balloon and some cool new toys. I'm ready to go. Did you pack the tv?


So happy to be home! Let's have a bit of fun and then a bath, ok, Dad?

5 Comments from readers:

PrayforNathan.org said...

Awww what great pictures! I am amazed at how happy she was through the whole ordeal! She reminds me so much of Nathan, he's the same way, you can do anything to him so long as he has a TV up his nose :-) How exciting to have bilateral hearing!

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

Somehow I got really far behind in reading your posts! I am so glad that Emma's surgery went well. These pictures are absolutely adorable! She really is a charmer, isn't she? I am so happy that her Christmas present this year is hearing out of 2 ears - what could be better than that?

I can really relate to your post about Emma going to school next year. I know Emily is close to Emma's age so we really need to start moving ourselves, but I think I am in denial right now. I really don't want to think about sending my baby off to school (even though she isn't a baby anymore!). One step at a time...

Tara Bennett said...

Oh so sweet! I'm SO happy everything went well!

The blanket I'm sending just screams Emma to me.... something about all the colors and it is just warm and fuzzy and sweet. I've just got one side to finish, and I'll get it sent!

Now. Can you tell me how you got Emma to start liking TV? I'm desperate. I want Chloe to find TV entertaining -- for at least 15 minutes a day. I just need 15 minutes! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the inspiration, Emma.

Jenny- Sienna's mom said...

Great to hear that the surgery went well, I look forward to hearing more!