>

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Seven Years

Seven years ago today was simply wonderful!  It was a Saturday morning and the air was crisp - exactly what you expect during Fall.  There was a slight drizzle in the air that morning but it was all clear by the afternoon.  The trees were full of color and there were lots of colorful leaves on the ground.  It was the perfect wedding day.

Me and Dad stop for a last minute comment before he walks me down the aisle.  
I woke up excited that I wasn't as sick at the previous night.  I was able to get up and walk around and I was so happy!  I called Chris that morning to see how he was doing and let him know that I was feeling a bit better.  I knew he was worried about me because I was very sick the night before.  Luckily the doctor had given me some great medicine to get me back on my feet and it did the trick.

We were saying that we couldn't believe we were actually married and laughed about it!
I remember our wedding day like it was yesterday and I'm stunned that seven years could pass so quickly.  My Dad made sure all the leaves that had fallen were swept off the Church steps for all our guests.  My Mom made sure our house was ready for guests to spend some time between our wedding and the reception.  I went with my family and friends and had my hair done and was surprised that there was so much extra time between my hair and make up and the time I had to leave for the church.  I didn't really know what to do with myself - I was anxious to see Chris and 2pm couldn't come fast enough for me.

The bubbles really made the day feel super festive!
That day we didn't know where our life together would take us.  What we did know is that it felt so right to be together.  That we were committed to meeting life head on together, for better or worse, for the rest of our lives.

And for the last seven years that is pretty much what we have done.  I couldn't have asked for a better partner in life.  Both of us truly believe that it was God that brought us together (and keeps us together!) and we feel blessed.

Thank you, Chris, for loving me so very much the last seven years.  I'm not sure what the future holds for us but I am excited to meet it head on together.


0 Comments from readers: