>

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Valentine's Day Thoughts

We've started to decorate for Valentine's Day around here and it's making everything a bit more fun.

  • Last week I decorated the tin mailboxes from the $1 bin at Target for the girls.  Each has their own mailbox and I plan to use them to stash daily treats or love notes.  I think I'll start this on Feb. 1st and continue until Feb. 14th. 
  • I printed out some little Valentine's cards to give to the girls.  Julia has one already (and is sleeping with it!) and is asking to see the rest of them.  She was told she will get them over time - not all at once and she immediately started giving me ideas on when I should give them to her.  I think this idea is going to become a tradition based on how much she loves it right now!
  • We have a heart wreath on our door and Valentine's Day gel clings on our front window to put us in the mood. 
  • I've added some pretty pink ribbons to items on our mantle and I'm hoping to add a Valentine's Day banner if we make one during our craft nights.


I know it's not Thanksgiving, but Valentine's Day always makes me think of the things I am thankful for in my life.  Right now I'm thankful for:

  • My parents.  They are wonderful all the time!  But recently they have made some car troubles a lot less troublesome for us.  Thank you!
  • My children's laughter.
  • Our nice home.
  • The opportunity to take an online photography class that is giving me a lot of information to take better photos but is also a ton of fun!
  • My hot cup of tea that is warming me up a bit.  And our electric blanket to keep me toasty and warm at night!  

0 Comments from readers: