>

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

One Little Word: Reflection on Month 1

I have to say that I am so glad I chose (or it chose me) Faith as my one little word for 2011!  I feel focused in a way that I haven't in the last several years.  Daily life demands make it easy for me to lose focus of the truly important things in life, to get pulled off balance.  I find my one little word grounds me.

I love taking the time to notice the daily reminders that God is present in my life and that I am exactly where I am supposed to be.  Most days I feel hopeful, happy! and I love feeling this way!  On the days when I don't feel so hopeful I rely on others and borrow from their faith.  And I am so grateful to have many people with great faith from whom I can borrow.

This month has been filled with challenges, milestones, and some sadness.  Highlights include Julia's 5th birthday and her acceptance into kindergarten at the school of our choice, Emma's exciting progress with crawling and the power chair testing, Chris' enrollment for his first marathon this spring, me finding some time to complete a few craft projects and the opportunity to carve out a few date nights!  We also lost a dear family friend who will be sorely missed by many, but most especially by her family and my parents.

January brought with it a couple snow days/snow delays, colds, and the resurgence of our extra-curicular activities.  It also allowed me to prioritize time for reflection in my daily activities.  I'm starting to find more balance in my life and think it is a great way to start off the year.   So far I'm happy with where my One Little Word is taking me this year.

1 Comments from readers:

Angela said...

So glad to hear you guys are doing well...but where are the pictures?? I need to see more Julia and Emma fixes!