>

Monday, April 9, 2012

Keeping it Real

I was watching an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond the other day and found myself wondering whatever happened to that brand of family on tv.  You know - the kind with the house where sentimental keepsakes and little kid artwork are found in just about every room?  It seems lately all I see on tv are extra large houses, decorated very trendy and no clutter anywhere. 


Before we moved we sold or gave away A SERIOUS amount of stuff.  We have been in this house for about 8 months now and I've managed to accumulate a large pile of more things to sell or give away.  I'm keeping them all in a pile on our basement floor and I plan on getting them tagged or on Craigslist in dribs and drabs.  We also have some unopened boxes from the move.  I think they are due to be added to the pile.  

It feels great to declutter and repurpose items rather than just allowing the stuff to stack up for "someday when I get time to look through it...."  Maybe there really is something to the idea of spring cleaning after all.  Just don't expect me to part with my sentimental keepsakes or children's artwork all over the house.  To me that's what makes a house a home :-)

0 Comments from readers: