>

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Let's go Ride a Bike

Several things came together in the Fall that opened the door to regular family bicycle rides.

  1. Julia learned how to ride her bicycle without training wheels making it possible for her to go long distances in a short amount of time
  2. Emma's birthday present from us was the special tomato sitter (which we bought so she could join us at the table for dinner)
  3. A friend gave us a bicycle trailer that can be used with the special tomato sitter making it possible for Emma to join us on long rides
  4. We now live in an area with great bicycle trails less than 30 minutes away
Friday was a gorgeous day and the last day of Chris' spring break vacation so we decided to take an afternoon bike ride on Kelly Drive.  Chris selected the trail thinking I would love to take some photos with the trees in full bloom.  He was right - just one of the many reasons why I love him!


I was so glad I had my camera along because we caught some really great photos.  Here are two of my favorites:



After our ride along the river we rode to the front of the Art Museum to run up the steps like Rocky!  The girls loved it.  Julia gave me a Rocky pose even though she has no idea about Rocky Balboa.  I'll have to add it to the list of movies for our family movie night - but it will be a few years before the girls are at an appropriate age to watch it.


I'm so excited for spring and warmer weather so we can add bike rides to our regular activities again!  We are looking forward to exploring other areas of the city by bike.

0 Comments from readers: