Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Remember when you were a child and you would swing on the swings and throw your head back and look at the sky and laugh and laugh and laugh? I love that!
Sunday, January 24, 2010
This weekend went by in a blur. It seems that weekends always go by at warp speed, but this one seemed to go even faster! I had a fantastic day on Saturday with a true "day off." I don't really take any time for myself during the day - even on weekends - and Chris thought I should take some time off from Mommy duty. I had a gift certificate to the spa from my birthday and booked an appointment for the morning while Chris planned to take the kids to the museum. As I left, Chris told me to stay out as long as I wanted and knowing they had a fun-filled day ahead of them I didn't feel guilty about taking him up on his advice.
Friday, January 22, 2010
The girls and I spent the last two weeks at my sister's house. Their house is BUSY! Four children two adults and one dog plus friends up and down the block make for a lot of excitement. Much more excitement than my children have ever seen in our house!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
- Finding my favorite song on the car radio and singing it at the top of my lungs and hearing the girls in the back seat *singing* it with me.
- A snow day that cancels school and we all get an extra day off to spend together as a family. Hot chocolate, a favorite movie, building a snowman.
- Being curled up on the couch with a warm blanket, a cup of tea and a great book.
- A full nights sleep without anyone waking up. Truthfully? This makes me absolutely giddy!
- A kiss from Chris when he comes home from work.
- Julia coming over to me just long enough to give me a huge hug and a kiss and then move on to play with her toys. Aaahhhh......the joy of impromptu love from your child!
- Emma's giggle. It's contagious.
- "Finding" the girls under the covers, in their forts, in the closet and hearing them laugh like crazy while I'm looking for them and then their squeal of delight when I find them.
- The McDonald's coffee cup. I just tried McD's coffee in the winter for the first time and fell in love with the cup! It's amazing how this cup holds red hot coffee yet is not even warm in my hand. There is no need to use that annoying cardboard covering over the cup. How come they seem to be the only outfit that uses such a cup? I am now a repeat customer at McD's ;-)
Monday, January 18, 2010
I've always had a bit of a fascination with the Amish community. I always thought I could see myself as part of that community. Most people who know me would think I'm a bit delusional with my self-assessment, but I really, really loved the Little House on the Prairie series and always thought I would fit right in back on the prairie. I think that is what fueled my long-standing interest in the Amish.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Do you love the new look of my blog? I do! Thanks so much to Tara for giving us a fresh new look for the new year.
Friday, January 8, 2010
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Saturday, January 2, 2010
My sweet, sweet girl turned 4 today! I just can't believe it. I remember finding out I was pregnant with Julia, going through the pregnancy, the delivery, the first few weeks at home like it was yesterday. I can play much of it back in my mind without a bit of video or photos to remind me of that special time in our life. So much has happened in our lives since Julia joined us and I know that I am a better person for knowing her. She teaches me so much about life, love and compassion for others on a daily basis. There is so much depth to this little girl of ours that I often find myself saying that she is an old soul. She is wise beyond her years and I find myself often forgetting just how young she really is - just 4 today! How can someone so young have had such a huge influence in my life?
Friday, January 1, 2010
I'm having loads of fun with the photo editing skills I'm learning from some online classes. Tonight I was playing around with some new texture effects and thought I would show off the before and after photo. This was a photo of Julia at the horse farm where Emma rides. She was playing with the kitty while Emma was having her lesson. I decided to take this photo and transform it for an "old" look to match playing on the farm and thought I would show it off here. Enjoy!