>

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fall Attire


I've been looking at tutorials on the internet on all the cool things you can make with your sewing machine.  The first time I used a sewing machine was this Spring and I'm still learning how to use it and the girls love having me make things for them.  They aren't the least bit picky about missed stitches or crooked stuff and I just love how happy they are with what I make them.  

I saw this tutorial on the internet and decided the girls needed to have a turkey shirt for the Fall.  Mom has stopped a lot of her sewing and gave me lots of fabric that she accumulated over the years, many of it seasonal in nature since she was always so great about including homemade gifts each holiday season for the entire family.  Really.  Now I appreciate how much time and effort went into her gifts!

I looked through the fabric pieces and pulled together the perfect selection and set about making the girls turkey shirts.  I definitely am still a beginner in the stitching department, but the shirts look really good if you don't look too closely.  Both girls love wearing their turkey shirts and love to tell everyone that I made them.  Seeing my girls so smiley in their turkey shirts makes this Mommy's heart happy!




2 Comments from readers:

Anonymous said...

How cute is this...I have a sewing machine but no clue how do do anything but sew a straight line. I need a hobby, maybe I'll pull it out one of these days :)

Laura G

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

Great job! I have a sewing machine too, but I feel like I have really accomplished something if I can do a straight hem.