Each morning I wake up and the first thought that pops into my head - before I'm even aware I'm awake - is that Finnegan is not downstairs waiting for me and a fresh wave of sadness washes over me.
- We took her to others' houses, for walks on Main Street, to the park, on errands, car trips to drop off or pick up the girls from school, on vacations.
- She chased balls, chewed toys, was front and center for many of Emma's at home therapy sessions.
- She would always lay on top of the many blankets Julia coated the floor with for her baby dolls. When Julia realized Finney wasn't going to move off the blankets she gave in and covered her up like she did her baby dolls. Julia also liked to pretend Finney was her customer at her beauty salon and Finn was more than happy to humor her as Julia combed her hair, painted her nails, dressed her up and "blew dried" her hair.
- She hated when the smoke alarm went off, didn't mind flies outside but if they were in the house she often hid upstairs from them!, changed rooms whenever the vacuum was in use, barked indignantly if we went on a walk to the store without her, and did not like Schnauzer dogs.
- She had lots of quirks with the most notable being not liking to walk on various indoor surfaces - wood laminate being her most avoided flooring.
- Until recently she jumped in our bed each morning, happy to be up snuggling with us while we enjoyed the extra sleep it gave us. The last few months she stopped going up the stairs, preferring to sleep the night away on the couches.