Thursday, June 25, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Reading is one of my favorite pastimes and I've always wanted to share my love for reading with the girls. I got lucky in that it didn't take much coaxing from Mom or Dad to get the girls interested in books, they naturally took to reading!
- We love when you let us ride on your back while you crawl around on your hands and knees and when you put our bellies on your feet and fly us through the air
- When Mommy isn't home, you always take us out for fun stuff like ice cream or trips to the mall to throw pennies in the fountain (and ice cream afterwards!)
- You help make the best forts out of our furniture cushions (so we can hide from Mommy)
- You show us fun videos on YouTube
- You let us stir the brownies and lick the bowl and not worry about the mess at all!
- You spend gobs of time on the floor playing with us and make us laugh until our eyes tear up from so much laughing
- You show us how to do new things, like bowl and ride our bikes and cheer us on as we succeed
- You kiss our boo boos when we are hurt and tuck us into bed when we are tired
- You get us the best books and read them to us any time of day, not just at bedtime
- You never make us stop to get things like smocks or drop cloths when the artistic urge hits us (even though Mommy thinks this is crazy!) - you let us dig in and let our creativity flow when the moment hits us!
- You do cool stuff like buy balloons, make a cake and sing Happy Birthday when we wanted to celebrate puppy's 2nd birthday
- You are never too busy to be there for all our important moments
- You make Mommy laugh a lot and that makes us all laugh a lot
- You take good care of yourself with diet and exercise so you will be able to see us grow up
Sunday, June 14, 2009
This weekend mostly revolved around Julia's dance recital. This is her first year in dance and I found out quickly that the year end events are planned for starting in November for the June event! The studio that Julia takes lessons in does a recital every other year and this was the year for the recital, so I just had to put her in it. Just thinking of the little ones dancing on stage makes me smile.
Friday, June 12, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
We took a break from our general activities last weekend. It wasn't a planned "down" weekend, but we mostly wound up staying around the house since Julia was sick. It was really nice not to have to go anywhere or do anything. The girls slept really well, which let me catch up on some much needed sleep. Chris and I even slept past 9am on Sunday, drank coffee on the deck and read part of the Sunday paper before the girls woke up - it felt like we were newlyweds again!
Thursday, June 4, 2009
The economy is causing a lot of people to make changes, and we are no exception to this. I found out this week that I'm part of a corporate downsizing. In the 13+ years that I have been there, I've had 11 managers, 5 different positions, completed my MBA, and had the pleasure to work with more exciting, creative, unique people than I've dreamed possible. During those same 13 years, I've adopted a dog, met and married Chris, and had two beautiful girls.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
I had some trouble with the other template, so decided to go with a Blogger standard one. I hope this is easy to read and people can post comments. In fact, if you are reading this now please send me a comment so I know that section is working!